The debate over neonicotinoid pesticides and their continuing effect on bees has reached the political level in Ottawa, where questions are now being asked about the propriety of a former Conservative minister working for CropLife Canada, the industry association defending those pesticides. Ordinarily ethics rules would prevent a former cabinet minister from directly going to work for […]
There’s a growing call in the United Kingdom for political leaders to ban neonicotinoid-based pesticides that are being blamed for killing bees. Meanwhile, in Canada, we’re continuing to study just how bad it can get. This week the all-party Environmental Audit Committee of the British Parliament came out swinging, making bee deaths as a result […]
About . . .
- Picking Blueberries With Sandhill Cranes: A Summer Event July 17, 2016
- Canada’s ban on honey bee imports is folly, says B.C.’s biggest beekeeper March 10, 2012
- Treating bees with oxalic acid; a late-winter mite-killing exercise February 1, 2015
- Battling honey bee chalkbrood an expensive, maddening affair June 9, 2015
- Four apiary sites in B.C.’s Fraser Valley found with small hive beetles September 10, 2015
- Painting New Honey Supers For The Coming Season April 18, 2018
- World Supplier of Nosema Medication Fumagilin-B Shuts Down April 13, 2018
- Alberta Small Hive Beetle find means trouble for B.C. beekeepers July 29, 2017
- New honey in our Swan Valley operations in Creston! July 20, 2017
- New adventures for Honey Bee Zen Apiaries and Swan Valley Honey July 16, 2017
- Sean Clancy: Have you tried HiveAlive yet? The published data o...
- Kyle Wayne: I'm glad you mentioned how the best time to remov...
- Gary Thompson: Congratulations on another successful year in the ...
- Tom Hardern: Just found you today by accident... The name caugh...
- Jeff: They are open from early morning to dusk; they use...
Follow @honeybeezen on Twitter