The debate over neonicotinoid pesticides and their continuing effect on bees has reached the political level in Ottawa, where questions are now being asked about the propriety of a former Conservative minister working for CropLife Canada, the industry association defending those pesticides. Ordinarily ethics rules would prevent a former cabinet minister from directly going to work for […]
Two scientific studies of the effect of neonicotinoid insecticides on honey bees and native bumblebees are adding more weight to the belief that these systemic chemicals are greatly responsible for the decline in worldwide bee health. Beekeepers who are already tuned in to the understanding that pesticide residues found in wax foundation affect hive health […]
About . . .
- Picking Blueberries With Sandhill Cranes: A Summer Event July 17, 2016
- Canada’s ban on honey bee imports is folly, says B.C.’s biggest beekeeper March 10, 2012
- Treating bees with oxalic acid; a late-winter mite-killing exercise February 1, 2015
- Battling honey bee chalkbrood an expensive, maddening affair June 9, 2015
- Four apiary sites in B.C.’s Fraser Valley found with small hive beetles September 10, 2015
- Painting New Honey Supers For The Coming Season April 18, 2018
- World Supplier of Nosema Medication Fumagilin-B Shuts Down April 13, 2018
- Alberta Small Hive Beetle find means trouble for B.C. beekeepers July 29, 2017
- New honey in our Swan Valley operations in Creston! July 20, 2017
- New adventures for Honey Bee Zen Apiaries and Swan Valley Honey July 16, 2017
- Sean Clancy: Have you tried HiveAlive yet? The published data o...
- Kyle Wayne: I'm glad you mentioned how the best time to remov...
- Gary Thompson: Congratulations on another successful year in the ...
- Tom Hardern: Just found you today by accident... The name caugh...
- Jeff: They are open from early morning to dusk; they use...
Follow @honeybeezen on Twitter