It is blueberry-picking time out in Richmond, and our friends Doris and Harold Lougheed not only are open at their U-Pick in Richmond, but they have been graced with some special guests, a pair of nesting Sandhill Cranes.
What’s better than blueberry season? Picking huge organically-grown blueberries whose blossoms have been pollinated by our own bees! On the weekend we visited with Harold and Doris Lougheed, who own a four-acre U-Pick blueberry farm at the corner of 19000 River Road and Nelson Road in Richmond. They were putting the finishing touches to their […]
About . . .
- Picking Blueberries With Sandhill Cranes: A Summer Event July 17, 2016
- Canada’s ban on honey bee imports is folly, says B.C.’s biggest beekeeper March 10, 2012
- Treating bees with oxalic acid; a late-winter mite-killing exercise February 1, 2015
- Battling honey bee chalkbrood an expensive, maddening affair June 9, 2015
- Four apiary sites in B.C.’s Fraser Valley found with small hive beetles September 10, 2015
- Painting New Honey Supers For The Coming Season April 18, 2018
- World Supplier of Nosema Medication Fumagilin-B Shuts Down April 13, 2018
- Alberta Small Hive Beetle find means trouble for B.C. beekeepers July 29, 2017
- New honey in our Swan Valley operations in Creston! July 20, 2017
- New adventures for Honey Bee Zen Apiaries and Swan Valley Honey July 16, 2017
- Sean Clancy: Have you tried HiveAlive yet? The published data o...
- Kyle Wayne: I'm glad you mentioned how the best time to remov...
- Gary Thompson: Congratulations on another successful year in the ...
- Tom Hardern: Just found you today by accident... The name caugh...
- Jeff: They are open from early morning to dusk; they use...
Follow @honeybeezen on Twitter