I did this video last week of an Alberta commercial beekeeper who was staging his hives in a farmer’s field where we were pollinating raspberries. Paradis Valley Honey was getting ready to pull 2,000 hives out of the Lower Mainland where they had been pollinating blueberries, heading for canola in Northern Alberta. They needed a […]
The deadline for public comment on the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s Risk Assessment on the importation of American package bees has now passed. But that hasn’t stopped the considerable commentary from beekeepers who are weighing in on both sides, who alternately find the CFIA “status quo” decision either specious and based on faulty science, or […]
About . . .
- Picking Blueberries With Sandhill Cranes: A Summer Event July 17, 2016
- Canada’s ban on honey bee imports is folly, says B.C.’s biggest beekeeper March 10, 2012
- Treating bees with oxalic acid; a late-winter mite-killing exercise February 1, 2015
- Battling honey bee chalkbrood an expensive, maddening affair June 9, 2015
- Four apiary sites in B.C.’s Fraser Valley found with small hive beetles September 10, 2015
- Painting New Honey Supers For The Coming Season April 18, 2018
- World Supplier of Nosema Medication Fumagilin-B Shuts Down April 13, 2018
- Alberta Small Hive Beetle find means trouble for B.C. beekeepers July 29, 2017
- New honey in our Swan Valley operations in Creston! July 20, 2017
- New adventures for Honey Bee Zen Apiaries and Swan Valley Honey July 16, 2017
- Sean Clancy: Have you tried HiveAlive yet? The published data o...
- Kyle Wayne: I'm glad you mentioned how the best time to remov...
- Gary Thompson: Congratulations on another successful year in the ...
- Tom Hardern: Just found you today by accident... The name caugh...
- Jeff: They are open from early morning to dusk; they use...
Follow @honeybeezen on Twitter