The story about the theft of bees from an Abbotsford farm is becoming clearer, and it is showing the breathtaking moxie of a rogue bee-keeper. When Abbotsford Police first reported the theft Monday, they said owner Fred Hanefeld indicated 100 frames containing 500,000 bees and 8,000 pounds of honey worth $100,000 had been stolen. To […]
An Abbotsford bee-keeper says he is out nearly $100,000 after someone stole 48 hives packed full of honey this month. The hives contained as many as 500,000 honey bees and honey waiting to be removed and processed next month. Abbotsford Police Const. Ian MacDonald said the bee-keeper noticed the theft on July 26 after he […]
About . . .
- Picking Blueberries With Sandhill Cranes: A Summer Event July 17, 2016
- Canada’s ban on honey bee imports is folly, says B.C.’s biggest beekeeper March 10, 2012
- Treating bees with oxalic acid; a late-winter mite-killing exercise February 1, 2015
- Battling honey bee chalkbrood an expensive, maddening affair June 9, 2015
- Four apiary sites in B.C.’s Fraser Valley found with small hive beetles September 10, 2015
- Painting New Honey Supers For The Coming Season April 18, 2018
- World Supplier of Nosema Medication Fumagilin-B Shuts Down April 13, 2018
- Alberta Small Hive Beetle find means trouble for B.C. beekeepers July 29, 2017
- New honey in our Swan Valley operations in Creston! July 20, 2017
- New adventures for Honey Bee Zen Apiaries and Swan Valley Honey July 16, 2017
- Sean Clancy: Have you tried HiveAlive yet? The published data o...
- Kyle Wayne: I'm glad you mentioned how the best time to remov...
- Gary Thompson: Congratulations on another successful year in the ...
- Tom Hardern: Just found you today by accident... The name caugh...
- Jeff: They are open from early morning to dusk; they use...
Follow @honeybeezen on Twitter