You are here: Home › My Account
About . . .
Honey Bee Zen Apiaries, in Metro Vancouver, is known for its sustainable beekeeping and a growing list of terroir-based niche honeys. We specialize in the careful production of honey from the fruit fields we pollinate in the rich Fraser Valley agricultural belt, including blueberry, raspberry, blackberry and strawberry. Our amber and dark honeys have won awards, and you can almost taste the sunshine that our bees have harnessed to produce such flavourful sweetness. We are committed to working with farmers who respect the land they use and the bees we provide, and we seek out strong and beneficial relationships. We are interested in the science and breeding of bees, the production of honey and hive products, and the challenges bees and their keepers around the world face.
- Picking Blueberries With Sandhill Cranes: A Summer Event July 17, 2016
- Canada’s ban on honey bee imports is folly, says B.C.’s biggest beekeeper March 10, 2012
- Treating bees with oxalic acid; a late-winter mite-killing exercise February 1, 2015
- Battling honey bee chalkbrood an expensive, maddening affair June 9, 2015
- Four apiary sites in B.C.’s Fraser Valley found with small hive beetles September 10, 2015
- Alberta Small Hive Beetle find means trouble for B.C. beekeepers July 29, 2017
- New honey in our Swan Valley operations in Creston! July 20, 2017
- New adventures for Honey Bee Zen Apiaries and Swan Valley Honey July 16, 2017
- A Canadian honey goes to the North American Beekeeping Show January 24, 2017
- If you are a bee, how the New York Times sees you December 4, 2016
- Gary Thompson: Congratulations on another successful year in the ...
- Tom Hardern: Just found you today by accident... The name caugh...
- Jeff: They are open from early morning to dusk; they use...
- Hannah: This looks great. Do you happen to know their hour...
- Janet L. Wilson: I have polled my Washington state beekeeping conta...
AFB Apiary Apiculture BCHPA Beekeeping bees biology blueberries breeding British Columbia Canada CFIA Colony Collapse Disorder Contamination diseases Featured Frames government Hive management Hives Honey honey bees Honey producers importation Jaquie Bunse Nectar neonicotinoids New Westminster New Zealand Nosema packages pesticides PMRA Pollen Pollination Queens Richmond science small hive beetle swarms USDA Vancouver van Westendorp Varroa wasps
Follow @honeybeezen on Twitter